Confesercenti is a large entrepreneurial association and is also a large system of services to business. There are about 500 companies, cooperative consortia and bodies that work to provide SMBs with expert support and a wide range of services. The employees of the system number more than 5,000 and work in the 135 national organisations, all of which are divided into area and municipal branches and into appropriate company structures.
The principal fields in which these structures operate are the following:
- Administrative and fiscal services
- Payroll services
- Credit support through consortia, lines of credit and guarantee cooperatives
- Professional training and instruction
- Technical assistance in entrepreneurial innovation and ongoing training
- Consultancy on labour relations and services for managing the labour market
- Supplementary benefit
- Health assistance
- Services for business start-up, conversion and succession
- Staging, in agreement with the associations of the sector, of exhibitions and promotional events.
The system's network is the process of being enlarged thanks to the creation in recent years of new services for businesses and citizens and to the increasing number of new sectors and associations that are being added at a national and a local level and who find in Confesercenti solutions to their problems and needs. The system is also being enlarged through agreements with professionals, both individuals and through new sectors that are joining the Confederation. There are over 1,000 service points throughout Italy.